Do you know the feeling when you are tired (or busy) and don’t want to get messy in the kitchen? You are thinking of ordering foods but fed up with all processed foods that you don’t know what’s in it?
I always rely on this recipe for easy breakfast or lunch, or even for dinner! Simple, healthy, delicious, and cheap.
We called it “Egg Bomb” because it contains all that you need from meat, vegetables, and herbs.
Cooking time is estimated around 20 minutes (including preparation – but usually I prepare the ingredients over the weekend and have it ready for the weekdays).
Why is it healthy?
The compact mix of protein, vitamins and minerals in one plate. Bell Peppers are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, B6, K1, Potassium and Folate, and vitamin A (specifically for red bell peppers).
Spinach is a source of insoluble fiber and will help your digestive system, despite being rich in vitamins, iron and calcium.
Shiitake Mushroom as one of the world’s famous mushrooms contains vitamin B & minerals, promotes immune boosting and has anti-cancer properties.
How to make the egg bomb?
- Prepare the eggs in the bowl, whisk until bubbly. Add salt (or soy sauce) and pepper. See my standard egg in a bowl here.
- Heat the pan, add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil (preferably Canola /Sunflower oil, but regular vegetable oil will do – using Soybean /Olive oil will give extra taste).
- Add minced garlic and mushroom, stir 1 or 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add ground pork and sauté until the pork cooked properly.
- Add the whisked eggs inside the pan, add spinach and red bell peppers.
- Cook for 3 – 5 minutes, stir the eggs around to mix with the vegetables.
- Take out of the heat and serve.
What to serve with the egg bomb?
The ingredients listed below are for one or two servings, the egg bomb is good to be eaten just like that (similarly to scramble eggs), but it goes very well with a bowl of rice as well.